If you are reading an article about dental implants, it's pretty safe to assume that you've lost a tooth or several teeth. Either that, or someone you know has missing teeth, and you're tired of looking at the gap. After all, a smile without teeth is as appealing as a cone without a scoop of ice cream.
There are many potential causes of tooth loss, including gum disease, decay, and oral injury. No matter what happened in the first place, we can fix it. At Big Smile Dental, we offer a variety of solutions. All of them are good, but one stands out as the best choice for most patients. That is dental implants. What is so great about them?
The benefits of implants include:
- Comfort – Okay, oral surgery doesn't sound comfortable, but it actually is. You are numbed before the procedure so that you don't feel a thing. After it's over, you might be a little sore for a few days, but the incisions in your gums are tiny, and so is the recovery. Once everything is done, your new teeth will feel natural.
- Health – Any tooth replacement option is good for your oral health, because it fills the gap, takes the excess workload off your other teeth, and prevents shifting. Implants are great for your oral health, because they accomplish all of that and preserve your jawbone.
- Esthetics – Our implant-supported restorations are created with the same care, attention to detail, artistic flair, and beautiful materials as any cosmetic dentistry. The result is a lovely smile that people will think is natural!
- Durability – Most dental appliances need to be replaced every so often. Implants should last the rest of your life with good habits and regular dental visits.
- Chewing efficiency – Are you missing corn on the cob, steak, nuts, crusty breads, or other difficult to chew foods? Are you tired of food under your bridge, or dentures flopping around when you are trying to eat? Dental implants have stability comparable to natural teeth, and they are just as easy to clean. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want – worry free!
Call Big Smile Dental at 773-772-8400 and schedule an appointment to find out if implants are right for you.