No one likes crooked teeth. But, no one likes the traditional alternative either, which is a mouthful of metal. The solution?
Invisalign, the clear alternative to metal braces. These clear aligners are designed using exclusive software, which predicts tooth movements with precision. A series of aligners is created, and each one is worn for a couple of weeks then discarded and replaced with the next one. They are thin, comfortable, removable, and nearly indiscernible when on.
What can invisible braces accomplish?
Removable aligners, such as Invisalign, may not be appropriate for every patient. However, they are very versatile and effective, making them a viable option for most people. With improvements in Invisalign technology and possibly the use of special attachments, even most bite problems can be corrected.
Invisalign can be used to:
- Straighten crooked or rotated teeth
- Close gaps in widely spaced teeth
- Separate crowded teeth
- Correct overbite, underbite, cross bite, or other bite alignment problems
What to expect:
You can be well on your way to a new smile in just a few simple steps:
- First is your initial consultation. Your cosmetic dentist will perform an examination and determine if you are a potential Invisalign candidate. If so, we will take x-rays and other necessary information and send it to the Invisalign laboratory.
- A video will be created showing the step-by-step progress of your straightening smile. You and your dentist can review this video, and decide if any changes to the treatment plan are needed.
- Once the plan is finalized, a series of transparent aligners is custom-made for you.
Once you have your aligners you simply need to wear them. They are removable, and can be taken out during meals. After eating, simply brush and floss as normal, clean the aligner, and put it back in place. After two weeks, the aligner can be discarded and you will move on to the next one in the series. You will need to return to our office approximately every six weeks so that we can check on your progress.
Call Big Smile Dental at 773-772-8400 and schedule a visit to learn more about your options.