Chicago, IL (October, 2014) – Nothing can light up a room or capture your attention like a delightfully white, sparkling smile. Unfortunately, that brilliance is a gift of youth. Over time, stains accumulate, enamel darkens, and a once-charming smile becomes dreary. Previous generations had little choice but to accept their darkening smiles, but that is no longer the case. Teeth whitening from Big Smile Dental can put the dazzle back in your smile, instantly and affordably.
Once you see how amazing your smile can look, you’ll want to keep it that way! Here are the dos and don’ts of keeping you smile sparkling.
- Brush and floss regularly – If you can’t brush immediately after a meal or snack, rinse with plain water. Chewing sugar-free gum also helps clean teeth, by stimulating saliva flow and loosening particles. The longer dark substances stay of your teeth, the more likely they are to cause stains.
- Come see us – Never underestimate the power preventive care. A quick checkup, screening for oral disease, and professional teeth cleaning, can go a long way towards keeping your smile not only beautiful but also healthy and pain-free.
- Drink dark liquids through a straw, bypassing your teeth.
- Ask us about maintenance treatments. Many people use simple, convenient at-home whitening trays for touch ups as needed.
- Use toothpastes with harsh abrasives, which can scratch enamel rather than polishing it. If you have questions about safe and effective whitening toothpastes, please feel free to ask us for advice.
- Smoke. In fact, don’t use any tobacco products, which can stain your teeth along with causing a variety of health problems.
- Consume anything dark-colored for the first 24 hours. Although it doesn’t look that way, tooth enamel is slightly absorbent, which is how stains get in. It is also how bleaching gel reaches the stains. Because the procedure temporarily enhances the absorbency of enamel, teeth are more susceptible to staining immediately after treatment.
The first step on the path to a dazzling smile is to visit Big Smile Dental. If you are considering teeth whitening, or any other cosmetic treatment, call us at 773-772-8400 and arrange an appointment today.