Modern science has made amazing progress answering questions that have plagued humankind since the beginning of time. Of course, it still can't answer every question. Sometimes it just raises new ones. For example, will we ever know if the chicken or the egg came first?
Probably not, and now we don't even know if the smile or the happiness came first. That's right, studies have shown that the physical act of smiling can decrease negative emotions and increase positive ones, even if it's a forced smile.
We have to wonder if the researchers choose people with attractive smiles. When you are embarrassed about missing, damaged, stained, or ugly teeth, smiling often brings anything but joy. Our patients often tell us that cosmetic dentistry is more than just smile changing; it is life changing.
Some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in Chicago include:
- Teeth whitening - Simple, effective, and economical way to improve your smile quickly
- Porcelain veneers - Transform the size, shape, color, and overall appearance of one or more teeth
- Cosmetic fillings - Make a cavity disappear like it was never there
- Dental bonding - Think of this as "dental white-out" for minor blemishes
- Crowns - Restore, repair, protect, strengthen, and beautify damaged teeth
- Bridges, dentures, and implants - Replace missing teeth in style with the most advanced cosmetic restorations available
No matter what treatments you are considering, remember that the results are only as good as your dentist. You want a skilled, experienced dental professional who happens to have the skills of a master artist. A great sense of humor, compassionate nature, and convenient location wouldn't hurt either. Of course, you'll want to check for great customer reviews, stunning "before and after" photos of real patients, and maybe even a few awards hanging on the wall.
If you want all of that, just look for the tooth fairy and let her lead you to the dentist of your dreams. Really… We're serious. When you see the iconic sign on North Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago, you have found Big Smile Dental - and you have found your new dental home. Give us a call at 773-772-8400 and schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can transform your smile.